Yesterday, while reading an article on Alistair Miles’ blog, I found out that he was writing most of his posts in Jupyter Notebooks, exporting them as markdown and just publishing it with Jekyll + Github Pages. I thought that was an amazing and hassle-free blogging workflow, especially since my previous blog was built with Drupal 8, and I’ve spent a huge amount of time configuring databases, updating Drupal Core and Contrib modules, and doing a lot of stuff that isn’t actually blogging.
This morning, I spent about an hour converting my existing articles to markdown (with Heck Yes Markdown) and setting up my new Jekyll blog, hosted on Github Pages.
I think now, I can actually focus on generating high quality blog posts for my loyal readers.